Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

small towns....

Well, I was going to post this really cute picture of us on a hike with Maya from the weekend today, but our little memory card doesn't jive with my mom's computer (or possibly, operator error). Either way I will say this:

1) I like small towns because there are little huts that sell ice cream and old guys that remember every single "good ol' day" because they've lived on the same block for 87 years. Everybody can figure out some way that they "know" you and most of the time this is a wonderful thing.

2) I don't like giant german shepherds, cars on blocks, giant potholes, and weeds the size of a medium christmas tree (minus the twinkling lights, but still.)

3) I must come to terms with the fact that my opinion of "charge more taxes and have a better place to live" is wildly unpopular and may conclude with giant german shepherds bounding over previously mentioned potholes to devour me and then mark territory on giant weed.

I'm not entirely sure that Louis Armstrong was right about the world, but I plan on reading "The Last Lecture" this week to help balance my perspective. I also plan on continuing on a steady regimen of coffee and chocolate and cute shoes to cope.


Coming soon: Maya's trip to the Salon

3 comments:

Erin said...

That's hilarious & I can't wait to see Maya's hair. Where's the German Shepherd. Man, these Olympic runners are so cute and fast. I suggest Starbucks Cafe Verona - one cup right away in the a.m. & then one around 2:00 p.m. w/ cream & sugar. It has saved my life...!

tiffany said...

"weeds the size of christmas trees..." That is my nemesis. I hate it. Sometimes I pluck other people's weeds. Your thoughts resonated with mine...but I still love the city! :)

Laurie said...

xzyjijrfThe hilarious thing is that the weeds mentioned are at the police station! They try to devour us everytime we walk to church and are the size of a large bush! One must always walk with their eyes wide open and trained to the ground in this town or be devoured by weeds the size of large bushes or potholes the size of moon craters! But it is much more enjoyable to walk a sweet grandbaby in a stroller and share God's creation with her as we walk!

Wordle: Untitled

Shel Silverstein- Welcome

welcome poem-silverstein Pictures, Images and Photos

Maya Christine Kane

Maya Christine Kane