Maya has always had a love for food (especially fruit). She could care less about french fries (I know, she is so super cool)! She also hesitates at green beans and broccoli. Otherwise, you can throw pretty much anything at this kid and she'll chow down.
I also noticed the other day that she has no idea what that very identifiable sound of an opening candy wrapper is all about. Most kids hear that crinkle and come running, but not Maya! She has had candy, but very little and SO rarely, that she doesn't respond to that familiar sound! I wish I didn't!
She has been a sponge lately! I have been working on my own sign language skills and then showing her. She knows the signs for : more, all done, thank you, please, help, bear, dog, cat, flower, Aunt, and water. She may be attempting others, it is sometimes hard to say! She also recognizes her name spelled in sign.
I can tell keeping up with this kid will only get more fun and become a greater challenge!



3 comments:
Maya is sure growing in many ways - her sign language is amazing and so is her desire to say new words! It is good that she doesn't get the candy wrapper thing yet so we can sneak a bite once in a while, but not for long! Her smiles and hugs are so welcomed these days - along with her funnny little way of laughing! I love you, Maya! I love you, Sara!
did you use a book to teach your little miss sign language? any you can recommend?
Carly, my mom gave me a signing book I am currently using. I will get back to you. But, at first we had this little baby board book with signs in it from Wal-mart of all places! Also, there are videos on youtube that are helpful!
Post a Comment