We headed to Vermont last Thursday for Ruth (Mark's sister) and Don's wedding! They were married on Saturday and it was beautiful!
Maya did much better than I expected on the flights. We had three flights to get out there. We handled it with a Kelty carrier given to us from a friend, cookies, and a portable DVD player with Curious George! We had to run to catch our plane in Salt Lake, Maya cheered the entire time we ran through the airport!
In Vermont we stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, relaxed with family and enjoyed the small and beautiful wedding! Maya ran around barefoot in the grass and had a blast.
I had never been to New England. The towns were very cute with hills full of trees and old buildings. I really enjoyed the fact that Vermont doesn't allow billboards and also has very few big box stores and chains. There is something very peaceful about the whole thing. We went to Burlington on Sunday and hung out on Church St. where there are many very talented street performers (and a Ben and Jerry's scoop shop!)
Our return home was the hard part as we got to NYC and had to run to another terminal for our next flight. This involved going outside, crossing a parking lot packed with taxis, and going through security all over again. Then, we loaded the plane only to end up sitting on the runway for over 4 hours. We did end up in Minneapolis Monday night. We slept at my sister's place for a few hours (thank God they live there!!) and went back to the airport Tuesday morning to catch an early flight (through Denver) home. I would be lying if I told you Maya fell apart (she rocked), but I almost did! We got our luggage finally today and all is finally good!
The trip home was insane, but we had so much fun with Mark's family and especially enjoyed the chance to get to know Ruth's husband, Don, a bit more as we had only met him for a few days last summer. Maya adores him! Congrats to Ruth and Don!!!
p.s. We are thinking next time we take 2 weeks and drive out pulling a camper! We would have no one to blame but ourselves if we got stranded!!!



4 comments:
sounds like you guys had a great trip!! bummed you couldn't stay with us, but I'm glad little miss did so great on the planes :)
This is 1 trip you will remember, for many reasons! Maya looks adorable in her dress and little scarf. So glad to have you all home! Love, Mom
Carly, we waved at your house I promise! (Okay, well, right about the time I said "Wave at Mat and Carly" we were flying over giant mansions with pools, but I"m sure one of them was your place) :) We probably should've stayed with you and ditched the connection in NYC. OH well, live and learn!
love, love, love the b&w of you guys!
Post a Comment