Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tootsie Rolls at Bedtime: Happy Halloween!


Here she is, Princess Maya, after a busy night of trick or treating for the very first time! The evening began with a tantrum. I had purchased her costume last year after Halloween on clearance, thinking princess was a safe bet for any little girl. She tried the costume on this week and LOVED it.

This brings us to the big day. After dinner Mark began doing the dishes (he rocks) and I took Maya into her room to get her all princessed up. She freaked out. Cried as if I was torturing her. I set her free from the changing table and she ran into the living room and began to read a book while sniffling and taking very deep breaths. At this point, she was wearing a turtleneck and leggings with pumpkin socks (the under-the-princess-dress attire.) It took us about 10 minutes of selling to convince her this dress was a good idea. Then, Mark had the genius plan to tie her tiara to her little bun. She was warming up to the experience. We scurried out the door and to the neighbor's (which is 3 feet from ours.) The neighbor answered the door with a bag of M&M's and trick or treating was off to a successful start! Maya told everyone "Happy Ween" and blew kisses to most candy givers. After raking it in on our block we headed over to Nana and Grandpa's to borrow the wagon. She had so much fun! She very RARELY has candy, so this whole thing was a big deal. At one point a preschool girl dressed as a lion came over to Maya's wagon and took a piece of Maya's candy. Maya didn't care a bit; she was so mesmerized by the big girl. I secretly wished the little lion would have taken more of her candy.... Around 7:30 she was getting heavy eyes. She had eaten one pack of fruit snacks and part of a tootsie roll. We went back to my parent's house and she told Nana all about her adventure. She tried to share her candy with the dog. Then, we headed home. She rocked to sleep with Grandpa as Mark and I headed out to a Halloween party. It was quite a magical night for her. Next year it may not take as much convincing to get her in a costume; I better head over to Wal-mart clearance today!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS STORY!!! Your blog is so cute, nice job with the fall theme. Princess Maya just couldn't be sweeter. Oh my goodness, I miss that little punkin. I will send pics of the boys as soon as I retrieve them from Brent and Heather, not very good with the camera this year.

Sara Kane said...

I want to see pictures of the white ninja!

Laurie said...

Princess Maya may trick or treat at our house any day of the year - I promise to not treat with candy every time, though! It was a fun, big day!
P.S.to Erin: I'll have to get a few pics of Jack and Eli in their costumes when I am there next week!

Wordle: Untitled

Shel Silverstein- Welcome

welcome poem-silverstein Pictures, Images and Photos

Maya Christine Kane

Maya Christine Kane